Basil Butter Corn Pasta
Among the top summer produce selections, corn is consistently my go-to pick. I love doing all the things with corn, but this Basil Butter Corn Pasta has got to be my absolute favorite. This creamy and flavorful Basil Butter Corn sauce is light yet decadent, creamy with a bit of a crunch. It’s everything. Oh and it comes together in under 20 minutes! Delicious and speedy ?? Let’s get on with it and make this Corn Pasta already!
A Note on Ingredients
Before we get started on the process, I wanted to share a little note on ingredients. This recipe calls for only a few ingredients, so it’s crucial to use quality ingredients. Go to your farmer’s market to grab the freshest corn cobs, use quality butter, get a block of real parmesan cheese, find some fancy pasta, that sort of stuff.
It’s important to know that if you start with poor ingredients, the end result is probably going to be poor. However, it’s almost important to not stress about not having the most high quality (and usually most expensive) ingredients. Use what you can, but in recipes that have just a few ingredients, try to use the better ones you have access to!
How to Make Basil Butter Corn Pasta
Get Started with the Pasta
First things first, get the pasta going. Boil a pot of salted water, add in the pasta once the water’s come to a roaring boil and cook until the pasta is aallmostt done. We want to keep a little bite in the pasta since we’re going to finish cooking it in the sauce for premium flavor. Additionally, be sure to save about ½ cup of pasta water before draining, just in case we need to thin out the sauce towards the end of cooking. Saving some pasta water is a great habit to get into when making your own pasta sauces!
Prep for the Sauce
Next is the sauce. It comes together as quickly as the pasta takes to cook! My order of operations is as follows. While the water is heating to a boil, I prep my ingredients. That means cutting the corn off the cob, mincing onion and garlic, slicing basil and measuring out the cream.
Then when I drop the pasta into the water to start cooking, I start cooking the sauce.
Making the Basil Butter Corn Sauce
Start by heating a pan to medium heat. When the pan’s hot, add in some butter, the onion and garlic and half of the corn. Add a pinch of salt and stir well. When everything’s become softened, add the cream, the parm cheese and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Stir well to mix everything together.
When the pasta is done cooking, add it into the pan with some pasta water and stir well. Cook until the sauce thickens a little. Top with the rest of the corn, a squeeze of fresh lemon and sliced basil and enjoy!
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you make this recipe or have any questions, let me know! Leave a comment below or tag me @annietortellini on Instagram!
Basil Butter Corn Pasta
- ½ lb short pasta plus ½ C reserved pasta water
- 2 Tbs butter
- ¼ onion small diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 ears of corn divided use
- salt + pepper
- ⅓ C heavy cream
- ¼ C parmesan cheese grated
- fresh basil thinly sliced or chopped
- ¼ lemon for fresh lemon juice
- Cook ½ lb short pasta in salted boiling water until almost to your preferred doneness. Reserve about ½ C pasta water before draining.
- While the pasta water is boiling, chop the corn off the 2 cobs, small dice ¼ onion, mince 2 cloves of garlic and slice up about ¼ C of basil (very loose measurement).
- After dropping the pasta into the boiling water, in a large sauce pan over medium high heat, add the butter, onion, garlic and half of the corn. Add a pinch of salt and cook until everything is softened, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the corn mix to medium low heat and add in ⅓ C cream, ¼ C grated parm cheese and a big pinch of salt and pepper (about 1/2 tsp each). Stir frequently.
- Once done cooking, add the pasta along with ¼ C of pasta water into the pan with the butter corn sauce and mix well. Cook until the sauce thickens a little.Top with the remaining corn, a few squeezes of fresh lemon and sliced basil.