BBQ Chicken Meatballs
Meatballs are great … but sometimes they get a little boring. When you’re looking to spice up your dinner and try something just a little outside the box, look no further than these BBQ Chicken Meatballs. They’re super easy to make and they come out so so yummy! And they’re just the right amount of “different” while still appealing to the picky eaters out there.
Mixing the Meat
These meatballs are suuupeerr easy. All you have to do is mix all of the ingredients together, shape into balls and then bake. The spices added to the meat will give it that classic BBQ spice rub taste and the BBQ sauce will give it that extra pizazz as well as some added moisture to keep the meatballs tender.
Baking the Chicken Meatballs
After baking and flipping the meatballs and baking again, the oven’s gonna go to broil. This will give the meatballs a sort of smokey taste and it’ll let the BBQ sauce get nice and glazy. I know, everyone’s scared of broiling .. but the only real tip I can give you here is to WATCH IT very closely and DO NOT try to multitask for these last few mins.
Serving these BBQ Chicken Meatballs
I love serving these fun meatballs with my crispy cheddar chive smashed potatoes plus a roasted green veggie, but you could serve with a loaded twice baked potato, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, a side salad or even throw the meatballs into a sandwich with a side of slaw.
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you make this recipe or have any questions, let me know! Leave a comment below or tag me @annietortellini on Instagram!
BBQ Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tsp each salt, smoked paprika
- 1 tsp each pepper. onion powder, garlic powder
- ½ tsp each cumin, chili powder
- 6 Tbs BBQ sauce divided use
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.Mix all ingredients together (only use 2 Tbs of BBQ sauce) in a large bowl. Hands work best here but you can use a big spoon or spatula.Spoon out 1-2 Tbs size balls onto the sheet pan and then shape them into rounded balls with your hands.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip then bake for another 10 minutes.After 20 minutes total, take out the meatballs. Turn the oven to the broil setting.
- Brush the meatballs with the ¼ C of BBQ sauce and get them real saucy.Put the meatballs backs in the oven for about 3-5 mins. WATCH CAREFULLY to make sure they don’t burn!