Homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola
Packed with chocolate-y, peanut butter-y clusters, this is my go-to granola recipe. Actually, it’s honestly my only granola recipe, and rightfully so. It’s so easy and quick to make and requires just a few ingredients. Compared to store-bought granola, this homemade granola is better for you (less additives that come in processed foods) and so much yummier! Homemade granola is much easier to make than you may think, so give this Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola recipe a try!
How to Make Homemade Granola
Okay this process is super simple, I know I know I say that about a lot of recipes .. but this one I swear is probably the easiest recipe on this site! First you melt and mix the wet ingredients, then you add in the dry ingredients until it’s well combined. Then bake for 5-7 minutes, stir granola, bake for 5-7 more minutes until oats are golden then let the granola cool completely before storing for crunchy clusters!
How to Serve Your Granola
You can totally eat this granola by the spoonful all by itself, but here are some ideas for uses. I love to throw a handful of this granola in a smoothie bowl or a cup of yogurt with some fruit to make a parfait for breakfast (as pictured!). Another breakfast idea would be to eat it like cereal with milk! You could also warm it up and sprinkle it over some vanilla or chocolate ice cream for dessert. I also usually bring a jar full of this granola on road trips or days out for an easy (and cheap) boost of energy!
Helpful Notes & Tips
- I prefer rolled oats, but feel free to use quick oats or old-fashioned oats if that’s what you have!
- To keep this granola full of that chocolate peanut butter goodness, I recommend keeping the ingredients as is. However, you could add in different nuts or dried fruits if you wanted to. Stay tuned for more riffable granola recipes, though!
- Store in an airtight container for a week or two at room temperature. I like to make a big batch at once and use it for two weeks for breakfasts/snacks.
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you make this recipe or have any questions, let me know! Leave a comment below or tag me @annietortellini on Instagram!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs water
- ¼ Cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Cups rolled oats
- ¼-½ Cup chocolate chips
- ¼-½ Cup peanuts optional
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, melt together the honey, water, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well. See note.Add in oats, chocolate chips and peanuts if using and mix until combined.
- Spread out the mixture evenly onto prepare baking sheet, pressing some pieces together to pack it in.
- Bake for 7 minutes then stir granola gently to get an even bake, paying attention to the very ends.Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until oats are golden.Let cool completely, then enjoy!