This Restaurant Style Salsa recipe is easy as can be and so deliciously fresh. This is hands down my favorite recipe to make and my family loooves when I bring it around. And people are going to love it when you start to bring this salsa to every summer event because it really tastes so amazing. It’s perfect for any party, with chips for a fan-favorite snack or in burritos or tacos.
How to Make Salsa at Home
Into a food processor or blender goes the garlic, onion, and jalapeno. Give it a few pulses.
Then add canned diced tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro and some spices — salt and pepper along with some sugar to even out the tomato and cumin to kick up that earthy spice. Pulse just a few times here to get a liquidus but still kinda chunky texture.
Some Helpful Notes for Salsa Making
- You can use fire-roasted diced tomatoes for an added smokey flavor.
- Remember that it’s much easier to add more spice than it is to take it away. Start out around the recommended amount of jalapeno and add more later if desired.
- Also make sure to taste the salsa with a chip just to make sure it’s how you want it. You can add more of the spices, more lime juice or more cilantro.
- Pulsing is key here for the perfect texture. You wanna end up with some chunks still in the salsa.
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you make this recipe or have any questions, let me know! Leave a comment below or tag me @annietortellini on Instagram!
Restaurant Style Salsa
- ¼ white onion
- ¼-½ jalapeno see note
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 can diced tomatoes regular or fire-roasted
- 1 lime
- ¼ C cilantro
- ½ tsp each salt + pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- Add ¼ onion, ¼ jalapeno and a garlic clove to a food processor or blender. Pulse until everything is pretty finely chopped.
- Add a can of diced tomatoes, juice of 1 lime, ¼ C cilantro, 1 tsp each sugar and cumin and ½ tsp each salt + pepper to the food processer. Pulse just a few times (maybe 5 times) until everything is combined but it's still a little chunky.