Simple Sheet Pan Dinner
This simplest choose-your-own-path sheet pan dinner is sure to clear out your fridge with whatever you’ve got in it! It’s built off the carb + veggie + protein meal outline, so it’s just got those three parts to it plus your flavorings of choice.
Start with the Protein
First and foremost, pick out your protein. I feel like I say this about everything, but you can use any protein you want. Try chickpeas, chicken thighs or breast, skirt or flank steak, pork chops, salmon or other fish, or even tofu or tempeh if you’re into that. Anything goes!
Seasonings & Marinating
The flavor here can be anything you want. You can go for an Italian herb vibe, or a Mexican feel, or a curry taste. Pick a general flavor profile and go with it. The options are vast. Spice blends, pre-made marinades, dressings and sauces are your friend here. Check out this awesome resource on flavor profiles and to get some more ideas for easy spice blends to make at home!
Onto the Veggies
I like to choose 1-3 veggies to roast alongside the meat. You can again use whatever you want, just try to use veggies that take about the same time. Or, be aware that you might have to put different parts of this dish in at different times. Also, try to cut the veggies you’re using into equal sized pieces.
Here are some veggies that I think work well in a one pan dish: broccoli, broccolini, cauliflower, carrots, asparagus, green beans, zucchini, squash, peppers, onions, brussels, eggplant. Choose one or two and your set.
To keep this dinner in one pan, I also almost always add in some potatoes as a carb / an extra veggie.
- Chicken – butterfly it (cut it lengthwise in half to get two flatter pieces), roast for 10-20 minutes at 375
- Chickpeas – 400* for 15-20 mins
- Salmon – 400* for 10-15 minutes
- Pork Chops – 375* for 10-20 minutes
- Skirt Steak – 400* for 5-10 minutes
Most veggies will be good to go after 10-20 minutes at 400*. Potatoes, however, will take a little bit longer.
So, I would suggest preheating the oven, chopping the potatoes, tossing some oil and salt on ‘em and then throwing them into the oven at 400*. Then season the meat and chop the other veggies and then add those components in, after the potatoes have had about 10-15 minutes in the oven already.
Sheet Pan Dinner Ideas
- Fajitas with chicken/steak with peppers and onions
- Garlic butter steak with broccoli and crispy potatoes
- Shawarma with chicken or chickpeas with red peppers, cauliflower and sweet potatoes
- Honey Glazed salmon with asparagus and potatoes
- BBQ Tofu/Chicken/Pork with green beans and red potatoes
- Italian herb chicken with tomatoes, potatoes and zucchini
- Hearty Beef with carrots and potatoes
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you make this recipe or have any questions, let me know! Leave a comment below or tag me @annietortellini on Instagram!
Simplest Sheet Pan Meal
- 1 C Potatoes chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 C Vegetables chopped into 1 inch pieces
- ½-1 lb Meat or Plant Based Protein
- Salt plus Seasonings/Sauce of Choice
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a sheet pan with tinfoil.
- Chop potatoes into 1 inch pieces, drizzle with oil, salt and pepper and bake for 10 minutes.
- Chop other veggies into 1 inch pieces, drizzle with oil, salt and pepper.Season protein/meat with salt plus your spices/sauce of choice.Bake on the same sheet the potatoes are on for another 10-20 minutes, until the protein is cooked and the veggies are fork tender.